When using our Website or ordering our Products, we will collect, and you will provide to us, information which is ‘personal data’ within the meaning of the Data Protection Act 2018 or which otherwise identifies, or can be used to contact, you or your employees or representatives. This policy sets out the basis on which we will process such information, collectively referred to below as ‘data’. Some of the provisions below only apply to personal data, as indicated.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your data and how we will treat it. By visiting our Website, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. You will further confirm your agreement to the provisions of this policy by accepting this document when purchasing any Products. If you are accessing our Website in the course of your employment or are otherwise representing a company or partnership (or other legal entity), you are agreeing to the terms of this policy in your personal capacity and on behalf of your organisation.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the data controller is TRADE-DOCS.COM LIMITED.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our Website, search for a product, place an order on our Website and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
By using our Website, you are consenting to receive cookies from us as outlined above. If you prefer to disable cookies on our Website and on others, the most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are a sole trader or represent a non-limited liability partnership, we will only contact you by electronic means where this complies with the permissions given to us during the registration or ordering process (as amended from time to time by any decisions to unsubscribe).
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them
- Information we receive from other sources.
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your data with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your data with selected third parties including:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website.
We may disclose your data to third parties:
- Where access to this information is required by our suppliers to enable us to fulfil our obligations to you.
- Where those third parties are providing us with data storage facilities or other services.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If TRADE-DOCS.COM or substantially all of its assets (whether or not including cash and/or book debts), or the TRADE-DOCS.COM business, are acquired by or licensed to a third party, in which case your data will be one of the transferred or licensed assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce the term of any contract we have with you; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of that of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access personal data held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Unit 10 Halegrove Court